“I have always been a Tampax user, and period protection is the focus of my Research & Development career. I’ve tried lots of tampons, researched them, talked about them, designed them – I’ve done it all. In speaking with thousands of tampon users in the last several years, it was clear that there was still a big unmet need in the natural menstrual category – an option that worked well,” says Amy Krajewski, section head Global Tampax Research & Development. “Many people using current options are settling, and don’t even realize it because they go on autopilot with so many other decisions to make every day. When we set out to create Tampax Pure, we took our time to develop a tampon that is not only made with a 100% organic cotton core, but that also provides Tampax protection. Users can feel good about the ingredients, and trust that our product works.”
Pure was created to make sure people have the choices they want when it comes to period protection – from the brands people have relied on for decades.
- Tampax Pure is the brand’s first 100% organic cotton core tampon – all cotton is responsibly sourced from within the U.S. and free of dyes, fragrances and chlorine bleaching.
- The Tampax Pure applicator is composed of a 90% plant-based material.
- Tampax Pure has all of the comfort and trusted protection of Tampax, designed with a width-wise expansion tampon core and a LeakGuard Braid for built-in backup protection for up to 100% leak free periods.
- Always Pure pads are made with an organic cotton top sheet and an absorbent wood cellulose and gel core.
- Always Pure pads are free of chlorine bleaching, dyes and fragrances.
In addition to simple ingredients and protection, every purchase will make a difference in people’s lives. The Pure truth – no teen should have to miss school because they don’t have access to period products, and no adult should have to go without. For every specially marked Tampax Pure or Always Pure pack purchased, P&G will donate one pad or tampon to those in need, continuing its 35-year mission to end period poverty by partnering with Feeding America and other organizations across the U.S. to get period products to those who need them.
Tampax and Always Pure are available nationally at most retailers in store and online in May 2019.