While splicing allows production lines to run efficiently and continuously, the splice itself becomes a defective part of the product and 100% of it must be removed and not arrive to the final customer.
For a splice to be removed automatically it must be designed to work accordingly with automatic identification measures. Davik's Splice Detection Tape DS4935 was designed and constructed to do exactly that. It performs both as a splice tape with good adhesion, and as detection tape for metal and optic sensors. The adhesion was developed for the nonwovens industry and the special structure of the fabric.
Davik's tape offers the following advantages:
- Removal of 100% of the splices
- High initial tack for fast splicing
- Good shear resistance for machine processing
- Softness and flexibility for machine processing
- Outstanding metal detection properties
- Highly visible color
- Hand tearable for easy handling (no tools needed)
- Custom-made color and dimensions option