2.Organize Sanayi Bölgesi 83221 Nolu Cadde
Tel. +90 (342) 337 45 50
Fax +90 (342) 337 45 55
Turkish hygiene producer Pakten A.S. established itself in the year 2000 in the Gaziantep 2nd Organized Industrial Zone covering an area of 12,000 square meters.
“The hygiene category is one of the biggest markets in the FMCG sector,” says Ümit Gençtürk, the company’s research and development and quality control manager. “After years of research and feasibility studies, Pakten A.S. decided to make a production investment in this market in 2000. This investment responded to increasing consumer needs and provides satisfaction to consumers with good quality products.”
Following its initial investment, Pakten launched the Önlem and Joyful brands of baby diapers, which reached its target audience in short time.
Önlem and Joyful are Pakten’s main brands in the baby diaper category. Önlem is positioned as a local brand in Turkey and the Turkic Republics, while Joyful is its main brand for the international market.
According to Gençtürk, Pakten continues to make investments by acting in line with the needs of consumers. As such, Pakten established wet wipe production in 2008 under the Önlem and Joyful brands, and in 2012 it broke into the medical, cosmetic and cleaning products markets.
The company also launched its adult care product lines in 2012, under the brand names Önlem and Holder, for the Turks and international markets, respectively. Pakten also targets its Honey liquid soap brand at the cosmetics category.
In 2015, with the completion of a new warehouse project, Pakten, which now has a total area of 38,000 square meters, doubled its capacity with new investments in baby diaper production.
“Turkey has a competitive market structure,” Gençtürk explains. “Therefore, our mission is making a mark with our brands, and creating moral and material values to our environment.”
The secret to the success of Pakten, he says, is based on seven principles to which it has been loyalto since day one. These are: being reliable; adopting branding as a principle; never compromising on quality; taking customer satisfaction as a basis; perpetuating development by taking suggestions for improvement; investing in people and following the technology closely; and working with the consciousness of social responsibility, environmental and occupational safety.
The hygiene market is always in need of innovation, Gençtürk adds. “The market is growing because of different consumer profiles and changing habits. Pakten is utilizing opportunities and continues its investments for growth in the category.”
Currently, 30% of Pakten’s products are consumed by local markets while the remaining 70% are exported to 32 countries. The company continues to find opportunities to introduce its brands into new markets.