About 170 delegates attended the event representing China nonwovens roll goods manufacturers, hygiene product companies，industry experts from university and associations and suppliers of machinery and equipment and raw materials and so on.
The Chinese nonwovens industry has enjoyed dynamic growth in the recent years. The production output of nonwovens during the period of the country’s 12th five-year plan increased by 177% with an annual growth of 22.6%, accounting for above 40% of global nonwovens output. In the 2016, the industry reached a total production output of 5.35 million tons with an increase of 10.4%. The major production hubs, Shandong, Zhejiang, Jiangsu, Hubei and Fujian contribute 67% of the total output.
The industry is attracting a lot of investment –with RMB17.5 billion being spent in the first half year of 2017 alone –a year-on-year increase of 32.1%. This rapid growth shows that companies are optimistic about the developmental trend of nonwovens industry and are actively making capacity expansions and updating existing lines .
Fierce competition however exists –particularly in the middle and lower ends of the industry- and the companies that are going to survive are the ones that use technology to advance and develop Innovative products.The event’s speakers shared the latest technologies in raw materials and production processes as well as the latest laws, regulations and market trends to help attendees reach their goals.
- The Development Trend of Disposable Sanitary Products, byManxia Jiang，Secretary General, China National Household Paper Industry Association;
- The Technology Innovation and latest Application of Spunlace Nonwovens, by Xiangyu Jin，Department Head, Non-woven Materials and Engineering Department, College of Textiles, Donghua University;
- The Technical Progress and Development Trends of the Nonwoven Medical and Hygiene Protective Materials, by Ya Liu, Associate Professor, Tianjin Polytechnic Universithy;
- Process to Investigate with Hot Melt Non- woven and Spinning Melt Non-woven, by Michael Wong，Vice-President, Jofo Group;
- The Technical Progress and Development Application of Elastic Nonwovens in the Health Field, by Weitian Deng, president, Nanhai Beautiful Nonwoven Co., Ltd.
To make the summit more informative int also included technical seminars held outside the main conference hall during the coffee and lunch breaks. The provided attendees with the opportunity to learn about the latest technologies and solutions that can help delegates’ businesses.
In addition to a learning and networking experience, the conference is also a place to do business. Thus Ringier set up a Buyer – Supplier matchmaking service whereby the delegates can arrange one-on-one meetings with the sponsors at a time convenient to them – in a quiet meeting room setting.
Shanghai Ringier Conferences and Exhibitions Ltd., a division of Ringier Trade Media, hosts more than 20 high level technical and business conferences every year, bringing industry leaders together for information exchanges and networking opportunities.