RISE 2018 explored forward-looking technologies, concepts, and ideas that offered innovative solutions for current and future industry needs. The program content included bio-innovations in nonwovens, market dynamics and trends, e-textiles and standards, medical nonwoven developments, web formation and technologies, material science developments and microfibers in the marine environment.
Today, industry professionals are encouraged to submit their innovative, technical abstracts by Mon., Mar. 18, 2019 for RISE 2019. Topics currently under consideration are:
- Developments in polymer technology
- Sustainable materials development, or novel uses of existing renewables
- Fiber development or utilization
- Nano- and micro-fiber innovations
- Peripheral material technologies, including elastomeric materials, films, adhesives, among other technologies
Equipment and Processing
- New processing technologies
- Novel processing techniques or combinations thereof
- New or novel converting processes
- Process control and optimization
Product Related Technologies
- New or novel solutions for existing technical problems
- Use of composite materials as solutions
- Technologies specifically aimed at flammability, acoustic and thermal properties, moisture management
- New testing methodologies or equipment
- Global trends in standards regulations
- Medical and hygiene
- Geofabrics and building construction
- Smart materials
Presentation abstracts of approximately 300 words should be emailed to Deanna Lovell, email@example.com, by Mar. 18, 2019, and include contact information and the relationship of the research to nonwovens or engineered fabrics. Authors will be notified of the abstract’s status within 30 days after confirmed receipt.
INDA is also seeking nominations for innovative nonwoven products and technologies for its RISE Innovation Award. INDA will consider various categories such as raw materials, roll goods, converting, packaging, active ingredients, binders, additives and end products for nominations. Products should exhibit one of more of the following characteristics: creativity, novelty of approach, uniqueness and technical sophistication. The submission deadline is July 15.
Three finalists will be chosen to present their innovations to technology scouts, scientists, researchers, and next level industry professionals on Tues., Sept. 24.