Optima Machinery Corporation
We are an organization with international roots and a broad list of benefits. We offer the right combination of challenging work, professional pride and a potentially long career. With state-of-the-art technology, you will remain at the top of your game, working with many well-known organizations that are our customers. We provide cutting edge machine solutions for the entire packaging world – that is our commitment.
Suppliers of Machinery Equipment
Automation Controls Engineer
The Automation Controls Engineer responsibilities are to service and start-up packaging machines for the Nonwovens industry and collaborate with German headquarters on upgrades and rebuilds for current equipment
Other functions include;
- Edit existing machine codes (Rockwell Controll Logics + B& R Automation Studio)
- Adjust and test software parameters
- Perform problem analysis at complex production machines and find out how they could be connected to the machine programming
- Document problem solving process and archive updated machine software
- Interface with clients as well as subcontractors and explain machine situations, code and software processes to colleagues & customers
Desired Skills and Experience:
The right candidate will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Decision making ability
- Ability to deal with experienced, multidisciplinary, technical specialists
- Ability to coordinate small to large projects independently
- Ability to download PLC, HMI, and drive programs. Ability to work with controls engineers to identify and improve machine programs.
- Significant electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes. Comfortable reading and following IEC electrical diagrams.
- Thorough working knowledge of industrial controls devices including photo-electric sensors, proximity switches, solenoid valves, frequency and servo drives, and PLC I/O.
- Rockwell/Allen-Bradley PLC (Control Logix and Compact Logix) and HMI experience a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience with high speed machines or other automated equipment preferred.
- EXPERT knowledge of Allen Bradley platforms is required Software: RsLogix 5000, Jetter controls beneficial
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Programming, or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in PLC programming, motion commissioning of new equipment, as well as remote and field support.
- Experience in working with electrical control diagrams
- Knowledge of additional PLC / AC Drives / HMI / Servo / Motion Control is strongly recommended
- SAP experience ideal