“We decided that the time was right to restructure a governance body as part of our leadership structure dedicated to the organizational health of the Jones Family of Companies,” says Richard Ayers, CEO.
The board is comprised of members of the Jones family, independent directors, and management representation. They will focus on governance, asset utilization, risk management and contingency planning.
The six members of the board are:
• W. Ralph Jones III, executive chairman of Jones Family of Companies
• Richard Ayers, CEO of Jones Family of Companies
• Josie Hale Nielson, a former buyer for Kirkland’s Home Décor, and a representative for the Jones family
• William Barnes Thomas, pilot for Monarch Air, and a representative for the Jones family
• Kathryn V. Roedel, a former GE executive and executive vice president of Select Comfort who serves on the board of directors of Generac Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GNRC) and recently served as board chair for the International Sleep Products Association
• Daniel B. Hatzenbuehler, most recently chairman of the Board of E. Ritter & Company; previously he was CEO of the family-owned agricultural and communications company with operations in Arkansas and Tennessee