"Since the launch of Little Journey, the response from parents and caregivers alike has been overwhelmingly positive," says Liz Ruggles, director of marketing, ALDI and a mom. "They are thrilled they can now find quality baby changing and feeding essentials in one easy location, all at a fraction of the cost."
Aldi is proud to offer shoppers high quality products at surprisingly affordable prices, and Little Journey is no exception. With Little Journey poised to help parents save big on their monthly changing and feeding needs, Aldi wanted to better understand the spending habits of today's busy parents. The grocer conducted a survey of 1000 moms and dads in the U.S. with kids under the age of three to find out what everyday baby items parents spend the most on:
- Nearly three quarters (72%) of parents said they spend more on diapers than on date nights every month.
- 40% of parents report spending more than $80 on diapers every month.
- 60% of parents report spending at least $120 on formula every month.
- More than half of parents (59%) are open to trying new products that claim to work as well as national brands and cost 50% less.
Overall, the survey findings showed that by switching to Little Journey-brand products, parents could save more than $1,200 per year:
- Nearly a quarter of parents could expect to save upwards of $400 annually on diapers.
- 33% of parents who purchase formula, one of the biggest baby costs, could save as much as $720 a year.
- To make snack time even tastier, parents who purchase Little Journey infant-to-toddler snacks can expect to save $110 a year.