Breaking News

Duni reports year end sales

March 6, 2012

Net sales in Sweden-based Duni’s tissue business area, which includes its airlaid operation were $64 million (SEK428 million) in 2011 compared to $75 million (SEK499) million for the prior year. The decrease was largely blamed on weaker demand in the hygiene market combined with inventory adjustments. Meanwhile operating profit increased to $4 million (SEK25 million) compared to $3 million (SEK18 million) the year before as margins increased to 5.9%. During the year, this divison improved its production processes, leading to higher productivity and lower maintenance costs.

For the fourth quarter sales decreased slightly from $16.2 million (SEK109 million) to $15.5 million (SEK104) million and operating income remained flat a SEK6 million.

According to the company, 58% of output in this area is consumed internally, feeding Duni’s professional and retail businesses while the remaining 42% is sold externally.
  • Flushable Wipes Update

    Flushable Wipes Update

    Karen McIntyre, editor||April 13, 2016
    INDA president continues to make defending flushable wipes one of his top priorities.

  • Wipes Entrepreneurs Target Men

    Wipes Entrepreneurs Target Men

    Tara Olivo, associate editor||April 13, 2016
    As more men groom with personal care products, new innovators are seeing opportunities in the wipes market.

  • Germany's Dr. Schumacher Expands Personal Care Wipe Plan

    By Jaroslaw Adamowski, correspondent||April 13, 2016
    50,000 square foot facility opens four years after older site was lost in fire.