Recipients receive $15,000 each to help fund their innovative ideas, as well as receive business advice and support from Kimberly-Clark and Maria Bailey, host of Mom Talk Radio and founder of BlueSuitMom.com.
"I am thrilled to welcome this latest class to the Huggies MomInspired family that has grown now to 42 members," says Huggies senior brand manager, Kelly Stephenson. "This year's recipients are seeing unmet needs and working hard to create products and services that benefit parents, children and their relationships. We are also excited to have our first dad grant recipient, Greg O'Sullivan, who has nearly 30 years of entrepreneurial experience. Greg continues to find new ways to solve age-old problems that parents encounter every day with their children."
Since 2010, the Huggies MomInspired program has awarded more than $600,000 to fund the ideas of entrepreneurial parents who have created solutions for everything from keeping baby gear organized to helping children learn essential skills as they develop, grow and bond with their parents.
Anyone with an original, innovative and viable new product idea to help make life easier for parents can apply to the Huggies MomInspired grant program; applications open each spring.
New 2013 grant recipients include:
• Baby Dipper: Created by Barbara Schantz, the Baby Dipper bowl allows one-handed feeding of infants and makes self-feeding easy for toddlers.
• Baby Elephant Ears: Created by Alicia Overby, Baby Elephant Ears is a multi-use headrest providing spinal/neck alignment and comfort for babies.
• buggyguard: Created by Annette Atteridge, this innovative anti-theft stroller lock provides moms with peace of mind with four adorable designs.
• Grapple: Created by Amy Oh, this multi-toy tether solves the age-old problem of toys being dropped or thrown to the ground when your baby is sitting at the table or in a highchair.
• The High Chair Organizer: Created by Abraxas Abrams-Pickens, the High Chair Organizer has two sealable pockets and provides a spot for storage of bottles, sippy cups, forks and spoons to offer convenience at baby's meal time.
• Kanga Boo: Created by Amanda Braselton, the Kanga Boo provides a shopping cart support belt for infants and toddlers.
• Pully Palz: Created by Julie Thompson, Pully Palz is an innovative pacifier toy that attaches to car seats, bouncers, and more, and keeps pacifiers in view and in reach.
• Kidswitch: Created by Greg O'Sullivan, Kidswitch allows toddlers to operate light switches that are out of reach but not out of their realm of ability.
• StrollAway: Created by Mary Ann Schwanewede, The StrollAway provides an off-the-floor, out-of-the way home for folded strollers.
• Zippyz: Created by Lisa Youngelson, Zippyz by Little Trendyz are patented ultra-soft organic cotton rompers that zip from the foot to the belly allowing you to keep your baby's chest covered and warm, making diaper changes quick and easy.