On August 1, 1888, Paul Heinrich Trützschler registered a forge and metal working shop in Crimmitschau, Germany. From the start the business focused on service for textile companies. Though initially the emphasis was on repairs, in a few years the first machines were manufactured in-house and in 1902 the company received its first patent.
Tearing machines and cotton cleaning machines were the first main products produced. The Cotonia, a cotton cleaner and cotton waste cleaner, was the most popular product of that period.
The second generation, Bruno, Willy and Karl Trützschler, developed the company to a successful industrial enterprise during the 20s and 30s of the last century when its machines were shipped worldwide.
The Second World War did not pass without leaving its mark on the company. After the war, an attempt was made to rebuild the company; however, Crimmitschau was located in the Soviet occupation zone. The concept of the occupying force did not allow for a family business. Ultimately, the company was expropriated, and the brothers Karl and Willy were detained.
In 1947, the third generation, Hermann and Hans Trützschler, made a new beginning in Rheydt/Mönchengladbach. This new foundation quickly turned into a company with international standing again. Trützschler started its international expansion already at the end of the 60s by establishing a production facility in Charlotte, NC, in the U.S. From the mid- to late 70s, production facilities were established in Curitiba, Brazil, and Ahmedabad, India. Founding these companies in large markets, in close proximity to customers, was viewed as an outstanding corporate accomplishment.
The milestones in the development of the company include pneumatic card feeding in 1963, the introduction of the first card in 1967, addition of the draw frame to the product range in 1992, as well as startup of the in-house construction of electronic controls at the end of the 70s.
The fourth generation, Heinrich Trützschler (son of Hans Trützschler) and Dr. Michael Schürenkrämer (son-in-law of Hermann Trützschler) joined the management team in 1991, after several years with the company.
In the rapidly growing market of China, initially a technology cooperation was formed with a local partner in 1993. In 2001, a company-owned production facility was established in Shanghai. This step was crucial for Trützschler's success in the Chinese spinning preparation machine market, even in the face of fierce local competition.
In a joint development with Toyota Industries Corp., the product range for spinning preparation installations was expanded by the comber. In 2012, the comber was presented for the first time.
Under the direction of Dr. Michael Schürenkrämer and Heinrich Trützschler, three new business divisions were established during the past 10 years. The founding of Trützschler Card Clothing in 2003 was based on an acquisition of the clothing specialist Hollingsworth. The business division Trützschler Nonwovens emerged from the former companies Fleissner (dryer, hydroentanglement), Erko (opener, roller card, crosslapper, needling machine) and Bastian (winder).
The segments of Fleissner (machines for the production of man-made fibers) and SwissTex AG (machines for industrial and carpet yarns) make up the fourth business division, Trützschler Man-Made Fibers.
The development of Trützschler over the course of 125 years and four generations has been a success. The most important factors for this have been, and still are, high innovative strength, close customer relations, good service, long-term success orientation, and the flexibility of a family-owned company. Today, Trützschler stands for technological leadership and occupies a top position concerning economic efficiency and reliability of the machines and systems provided.
Currently, Trützschler has approximately 3,000 employees worldwide at 9 production sites.