Breaking News

Sandler Celebrates 130th Year

June 1, 2009

German roll goods producer established in 1879 as a cotton wool factory.

Sandler AG celebrated its 130th anniversary at its Schwarzenbach/Saale, Germany headquarters on May 15 in the presence of many high profile guests. In addressing the crowd, CEO Christian Heinrich Sandler highlighted success factors such as market orientation, demanding quality management, cooperation with universities and research institutions as well as credible relationships with customers and suppliers. Investments in high-performance manufacturing lines were always addressed with solid financing, he said.

“We look back on a positive first quarter and are well set-up with regard to possible challenges of the economic and financial crisis. We are steering our ship on a successful course—despite headwind and seas becoming rough. We are sailing by sight and we are prepared for potentially necessary evasive manoeuvres, without losing sight of our long-term goals,“ explained Dr. Sandler.

Established in 1879 as a cotton wool factory in Hof, the company today ranks among the top producers of nonwovens in Europe and is active in the hygiene, wipes, automotive, filtration, technical, furniture and fashion markets. More than half of its products are less than five years old. During the past ten years, Sandler has invested €90 million to grow its business with turnover increasing from €90 to €166 million. The number of employees has risen by 20% to 485 and the company’s export rate exceeds 60%.


  • Flushable Wipes Update

    Flushable Wipes Update

    Karen McIntyre, editor||April 13, 2016
    INDA president continues to make defending flushable wipes one of his top priorities.

  • Wipes Entrepreneurs Target Men

    Wipes Entrepreneurs Target Men

    Tara Olivo, associate editor||April 13, 2016
    As more men groom with personal care products, new innovators are seeing opportunities in the wipes market.

  • Germany's Dr. Schumacher Expands Personal Care Wipe Plan

    By Jaroslaw Adamowski, correspondent||April 13, 2016
    50,000 square foot facility opens four years after older site was lost in fire.