“This logo/label will allow our High Q cotton to be immediately identified as a certified USDA BioPreferred product,” says Chuck Allen, director of product development at Barnhardt.
All biobased amount claims are verified by independent labs and monitored by the USDA. Consumers may feel secure in the accuracy of the biobased amount and be empowered in making better-informed purchasing decisions.
"We are proud that Barnhardt Manufacturing Company has earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product Label," says Ron Buckhalt, USDA BioPreferred program manager. "Biobased products add value to renewable agriculture commodities, create jobs in rural communities and help our nation decrease its reliance on foreign-sourced and non-renewable petroleum."
The label is estimated to be on certified products and available for consumers by May 12, 2014. The following is an example of the label: “Our product was certified to 98% Biobased and the remaining 2% being fossil carbon.”