Statement from EDANA:
The well-being and health of all INDEX stakeholders, as well as their business needs and expectations, remain our highest priority.
According to the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH), which follows the recommendations of the World Health Organisation (WHO), events such as INDEX do not currently pose a health risk and there are no travel restrictions in place for Switzerland.
In case of uncertainty about their health status, exhibitors and visitors are expected to pass all necessary health checks before travelling to INDEX20.
The Organizers will publish all relevant information on a daily basis.
Following the FOPH advice, Palexpo is implementing the following measures:
- An enhanced cleaning and disinfection program for all high-volume contact points, e.g. food service areas, surfaces, ramps, washrooms, entrances/exits, public touchscreens, etc.
- The use of appropriate cleaning and sanitizing products
- An awareness campaign through sharing information online and on-site signage
- Awareness and training of all staff in standard personal preventive measures, e.g. personal hygiene, frequency of use of sanitizers/disinfectants, etc.
- The installation of new signage on-site reminding participants of hygiene recommendations
- Permanent presence of a medical doctor
- Two infirmary points
- General availability of disinfectant wipes
It is the exhibitors’ responsibility to make arrangements for enhanced cleaning and disinfection of high-volume contact points on their stands, including door handles, reception desks, public touch screens, etc., to help keep their surroundings sanitary.
For practical questions, a hotline is available at the FOPH: +41 (0)58 463 00 00 as well as online information: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov.html
The recommendations of the Council of State of the Republic and Canton of Geneva are also available here: https://www.ge.ch/document/point-nouveau-coronavirus-2019-ncov.