"At Pampers we understand the transition into underwear is a major developmental milestone for toddlers and parents alike,” says E. Yuri Hermida, vice president, North America Baby Care, P&G. “After years of research and development, our new Pampers Easy Ups training underwear will help make potty training easy because they look and feel more like underwear for little ones while parents can have the confidence of Pampers comfort and protection.”
Real parent feedback was used to design new Pampers Easy Ups to fit like underwear but protect like Pampers. In a recent survey, Pampers found that 93% of parents who use training pants for their child think it’s important for training pants to feel like underwear and one third (34%) of parents wish their child’s training pants didn’t leak so often. The three-channel absorbent core design and super-soft material used in new Pampers Easy Ups responds to this parent insight by providing superior protection versus the leading value brand (size 2T-3T).
“As a pediatrician and a mom, I know that no two potty training experiences are the same, so keeping it simple and laying the proper foundation are essential,” says Dr. Tanya Altmann M.D. FAAP, Los Angeles-based pediatrician. “I recommend training pants as they are the best next step after diapers in order to get children used to the feeling of underwear. In particular, Pampers Easy Ups have the fit and feel of real underwear while still giving children amazing leak protection for both day and night. Parents can even put them in their child’s dresser drawer, as if it is actually underwear, to help little ones make the connection that they’re graduating from diapers.”
New Pampers Easy Ups Offer the Following Features:
- 360° Stretchy Waistband: A 360° stretchy waistband stretches all the way around, giving toddlers an underwear-like fit.
- Extra Absorb Channels: Pampers exclusive Extra Absorb Channels distribute wetness evenly to provide outstanding protection against leaks, day or night.
- Dual Leak-Guard Barriers: Dual Leak-Guard Barrier help stop leaks where they happen most — around the legs.
- Super Soft, Like Cotton Underwear: Easy Ups feel like cotton underwear thanks to super soft material.
- Easy Tear Sides: Easy tear sides are designed to help make removal easy when needed.
- Fun Graphics: The Thomas the Engine and Dora the Explorer designs help make potty training fun for both boys and girls. Pampers Easy Ups will also be available in a Hello Kitty design in September.
Pampers Easy Ups are available nationwide in sizes 2T-3T, 3T-4T, and 4T-5T. While the design of Pampers Easy Ups has changed, the diapers are made from the same safe and mild materials as before.