The prestigious IDEA13 Achievement Awards were presented during a special ceremony at IDEA13. The famed Entrepreneur Award and Lifetime Achievement Award were also presented.
INDA, Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry, and organizer of IDEA13, once again partnered with Nonwovens Industry magazine on the Awards. The IDEA13 Achievement Awards are presented to the best new products during the last three years, in the following five categories: Equipment, Raw Materials, Roll Goods, Short-Life End Product and Long-Life End Product.
The five winners are:
Machinery/Equipment Achievement Award
ITW Dynatec: Surge Adhesive Applicator
Fibers/Raw Materials Achievement Award
Sandler AG: Bio Textile Bio-wipes Substrate
Roll Goods Achievement Award
Hollingsworth & Vose: NanoWave Filtration Media
Short-Life Converted Product Achievement Award
ITW Dymon: Raptor Safe-T Wipe (Substance Activated Fast Evaluation Technology)
Long-Life Converted Product Achievement Award
Hunter Douglas: DuoTone Honeycomb Window Shade
“I would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to all of this year’s winners and finalists. Their products were chosen by the industry as the best new products in the last three years and I believe each one is a testament to the innovative spirit that is so much a part of our industry,” says Dave Rousse, INDA president.
In addition, the IDEA13 Entrepreneur Achievement Award was presented to Suominen Nonwovens. The recipient of this award was selected by Nonwovens Industry Magazine.
“Suominen Nonwovens’ bold step to transform their organization and reposition to serve a growing wipes market displayed the kind of entrepreneurial spirit that warranted this award,” says Matt Carey, publisher Nonwovens Industry Magazine.
The IDEA13 Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to Rory Holmes, past president of INDA. Rousse recognized the accomplishments of Holmes during the award presentation. “Rory has had many outstanding achievements over his long and successful career. From his long tenure at Johnson & Johnson to PGI/Chicopee and most recently as my predecessor at INDA, he has given his all to this industry,” Rousse says. “I would like to take the opportunity to thank him for the exemplary job he has done over the past nine years at INDA. Rory has made so many contributions to help advance our industry during his career and this Lifetime Achievement Award is in appreciation for his dedication and service.”
Here is the complete list of finalists in the five categories for the IDEA13 Achievement Awards:
Converted Products (Short-Life)
1. Ecovative: Ecovative Mushroom Packaging
2. ITW Dymon: Raptor Safe-T Wipe (Substance Activated Fast Evaluation Technology)
3. Rockline Industries: Bissell Stomp ‘N Go Stain Lifting Pads
Converted Product (Long-life)
1. Desa Co.: Technology 3DESA (3D Economical System of Aspiration)
2. First Line Technology: FiberTect Composite Substrate
3. Hunter Douglas: DuoTone Honeycomb Window Shade
1. ITW Dynatec: Surge Adhesive Applicator
2. Nordson: Allegro Elastic Attachment Nozzle
3. Xanofi: XanoShear Nanofiber Machine
1. Dow Chemical: Infuse OBC Elastomer
2. Dow Chemical: Rhoplex Econext™ Binders
3. Sandler AG: Bio Textile Bio-wipes Substrate
1. Bonar: Colback Face-to-Face Primary Carpet Backing
2. Hollingsworth & Vose: NanoWave Filtration Media
3. Technical Absorbents (Bluestar Fibres): KoolSorb Fabric