Five consumer products ranging from a unique floor-cleaning pad to a disposable bra liner have been nominated as finalists for the 2012 Visionary Award.Now in its 11th year, the Visionary Award – which is given annually to a new consumer product that uses nonwoven fabrics in its final form – will be presented at the Vision 2012 Consumer Products Conference, January 23-26, 2012 at the Hotel Intercontinental in New Orleans, LA.
The five finalists are:
• BandZorb Disposable Headwear Liners, from BandZorb LLC. The patent pending BandZorb Headwear Liners are self-adhesive, antimicrobial, absorbent, eco-friendly disposable bands that are sold in two sizes to fit virtually all visors, caps, hats, and helmets.
• IntelliDent Toothbrush Holder, from E4 Technologies. IntelliDent is made from an SMS nonwoven that is slit and ultrasonically welded to form a pocket for a toothbrush. Each breathable, quick drying IntelliDent shield blocks surface and airborne microbes as it wicks moisture away from brush bristles, creating a cleaner, healthier environment for the toothbrush.
• The Bra Liner, from Gelok International. The Bra Liner is a fully breathable absorbent liner that is designed to keep the skin and bra of the user dry and comfortable. The liner, which is extremely thin and unnoticeable when worn, absorbs and retains the moisture in a superabsorbent core and ensures the removal of moisture that would normally infuse undergarments and clothing.
• O’Cedar ProMist Disposable Floor Cleaning Pad, from Tietex International. This nonwoven composite incorporates airlaid nonwoven, spunbond nonwoven and film roll goods stitchbonded using microfiber and “scrubby” yarns. The two yarns are bonded in such a fashion that loops are created on the “A” surface and the combination of microfiber and scrubby loops provide exceptional floor cleaning performance.
• Stomp ‘N Go Stain Lifting Pad, from Bissell Homecare. Stomp 'N Go is a stain-lifting pad that removes carpet stains with a single “stomp.” The user simply places one of the pre-moistened pads onto the spot, gives it a good stomp, and then watches as the stain begins to absorb into the pad. Stomp 'N Go pads use an oxy-based formula to lift and remove most spots and stains within 30-minutes.