In 1948, the sons Hans and Fritz Reifenhäuser started the manufacture of extruders. In the years that followed, the two brothers were able to turn the forge into a forge of innovations in mechanical engineering. They entered into the plastics industry which was completely new at that time. During the course of a few years Reifenhäuser laid the foundation for the processing of thermoplastic materials with trend-setting developments and numerous patents.
The three brothers Bernd, Klaus and Ulrich Reifenhäuser who manage the family business for the third generation consider the location in Germany a particular advantage. The company has more than 1000 employees, and recognizes that its strength is in the know-how, precision and innovative power of its employees. This is the reason why the greatest importance has been attached to training and further education from the very beginning. The company's vocational training workshop enables young talents to be promoted and trained in theory and practice.
Today, the company is a worldwide active group with six subsidiaries, eight branch offices and over 50 agencies worldwide. The product portfolio includes machines and complete extrusion lines for the production of films, nonwovens, tapes and monofilaments in addition to a 365/24h quality service. More than 80% of these machines and lines are delivered overseas.
Over the past five years, Reifenhäuser has spent more than 30 million Euros on the expansion of the world’s largest film technology center and the construction of the world’s largest nonwovens technology center. These are ideal conditions for the Reifenhäuser employees to continue shaping the next 100 years of plastics extrusion.
(Pictured, from left, the three Reifenhäuser brothers Klaus, Bernd and Ulrich)